Monday, September 7, 2009

Still Here By the Grace of God


Friday September 5, 2008, at 5:30pm, I remember it like it was yesterday I was in the AM850 News Studio preparing for the Cheep Seats show when the telephone rang. On the other end of the line was my wife Patrice telling me that she had just received a phone call from Dr. Michele Lossius, stating that we had missed some of Joshua’s appointments and inquiring if all was well? That day was the beginning of a new life of a new direction of a new chapter walking with God. Patrice told me that evening that Joshua Joel Fletcher was diagnosed with Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA). I sat in the lobby after I got off the phone and asked myself how in heavens name I would be able to do a talk show. I began to pray and praise God in search of the strength to go forward and complete my task for the day. During the next year of our life they have been many ups, many downs, many prayers, and many miracles. But today a year later Joshua is still maintaining and getting ready with the grace of God to receive total restoration of his body. Joshua has grown to love Ni-Hao Kai-lan, Backyardigans, The Wonder Pets, Dora the Explorer, Blue’s Clues, Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! Yo Gabba Gabba, Go Diego Go!, and Jack’s Big Music Show. Let’s just say Noggin is the channel of choice when Joshua is home. Patrice and I would like to say Thanks to everyone that has lifted us up in prayer and has support us. We would like to Thank the Harvest Time Ministries International prayer line, Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce, Tabernacle of Praise and Restoration Outreach Center, Generation Outreach, Florida Central Second Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction, and Grandma for all they have done for us. We would like to send a special Thank You to Christ's Starfish Foundation and Carldon Lahey for helping us with the purchase of a minivan that we can take Joshua to church with all his medical equipments and to take him out and about. To every Doctor and nurse that has been involved in this process especially every single nurse from Maxim Healthcare that has come into our home to help us take care of Joshua, and Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care (PPEC) for taking care of him at daycare Thanks. And to the only true and living God as in Psalm 116(17) I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD.

1 comment:

CureSMA4Stella said...

Just found your site and wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas! I'm Sarah, Mommy to Stella (33 months and weak Type I SMA). Sending you big hugs and prayers!
Hopeful for a cure in 2010! Keep up the good work with your miracle child!!! :)